Kinesiology Taping and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage
We are pleased to now offer kinesiology taping and IASTM here at Flack Family Chiropractic. Kayla, one of the newest additions to our team is a certified RockTape practitioner in kinesiology taping and IASTM. She graduated in May of 2018 with her Bachelor's of Science degree in Kinesiology from Augusta University. She is currently working on becoming a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine.
What is RockTape you may ask?
- RockTape is kinesiology tape that is made from 97% cotton and 3% nylon. The adhesive is hypoallergenic, acrylic based and latex free. It can be used to treat sports and non-sports injuries. RockTape microscopically lifts the skin away from the muscle and fascia below, creating a decompressive effect that in turn creates space in the tissue layers allowing for better fluid movement and tissue glide.
Benefits of Taping and IASTM
- Reduced Swelling and inflammation
- Prevents and/or relieves muscles spasms and cramping
- Reduces pain
- Increases range of motion
- Enhances strength and muscle tone in weak / poorly toned muscle
- Can help with nerve pain and nerve entrapment
- Reduces pressure and back pain in pregnancy patients
- Provides neuromuscular stimulation to correct poor movement patterns
- Enhances performance abilities/movements
Examples of Taping Applications
Call our office today to book an appointment and see how Kayla can help you!